Epic Adj Octopus
The Epic Adj Octopus was designed by Mares to be the absolute top of the range. It is made of PVD-coated metal and is also designed for cold water use.
PVD is an acronym for Physical Vapor Deposition and indicates a technology used to deposit a thin metal film over various types of substrates. The process takes place in a vacuum chamber in which the metals to be deposited are evaporated. PVD coatings are particularly well-suited to innovative, advanced technical products.
The VAD system exploits the Venturi effect by conveying 90% of the air inside a lateral bypass. The airflow flows through it without encountering any levers and/or mechanisms and guarantees maximum performance even in extreme situations, such as diving in cold water.
The Twin Power System allows the VAD system's air flow to be controlled, ensuring natural breathing at any depth and providing the necessary amount of air in relation to the diver's demand.
Breathing comfort is adjustable according to the diver's needs thanks to a knob which is easy to use, even with thick gloves; a feature that Mares also applies to the purge button, which is large and pivoting, for easy and immediate use.
Pneumatic balancing completes the range of advantages of this second stage.
Supplied with a Superflex hose.
Maintenance and care: Mares recommends rinsing and carefully drying the Epic Adj octopus after every dive to avoid dirty and/or blue spots on the PVD surface due to limestone residue.
- All Metal Technology: Outstanding mechanical reliability and high thermal conductivity make our metal 2nd stages extremely long lasting and ideal for cold water dives. The high thermal conductivity of metal reduces also the dry mouth feeling during the dive.
- Twin Power: New, flow control manages the delivery rate of your gas, from natural breathing to power breathing. The former is the traditional way of breathing a Mares regulator, (VAD) while the latter (VAD+) provides an extra push when you need it.
- Vortex Assisted Design (VAD): The air bypass tube delivers air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
- Mesh Grid: Patented design which reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, thus eliminating free flows even in strong currents.
- Superflex Hose: Extreme light weight and exceptional softness guarantee the maximum freedom of movement.