The SXS Octopus is incredibly compact and lightweight. SXS stands for Second eXtra Small and emphasizes the extreme lightness and compactness of this second stage model.
Thanks to its versatility, the SXS Octopus is an excellent choice for all types of diving. In fact, with few simple operations, the user can easily change the configuration of this octopus and use it with a hose coming from the right or left side.
Its slim, compact design allows the octopus to fit easily into a pocket of a BCD.
The Mares SXS Octopus is equipped with a curved bypass and large diameter which provides high airflow. This unique feature, combined with Mares' patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) provides divers with comfortable air flow at any depth.
Mares has also designed a new deflector to optimise the Venturi effect and reduce the risk of free-flow, ensuring smoother, more comfortable inhalation, even at depths greater than 100m.
- The smallest, most compact Mares octopus
- Made of ultra-lightweight technopolymer
- A V.A.D system with a "curved" bypass tube for maximum airflow
- Can be used on either the right or left side
- A lateral exhaust tube for better visibility in all diving positions
- An easy-to-use, soft exhaust button
- A Superflex hose